Busyology

12 July, 2010 at 7:48 PM
"The more we do, the more we can do; the busier we are, the more leisure we have." - Daq Hammarskjold

I guess I should have been smarter and guessed this before. Supporting evidence encompasses my 2008 living solo experiment, the last five years working with Dick Smith Electronics, many extracurricular work ventures during a turbulent graduation year and, more recently, my housing hysteria. It's true, BUSY PEOPLE DO HAVE MORE TIME.

I recently made the move of accepting my latest career pathway. Job #3, third of 2010 and also third of my professional career, is based in a funky inner city studio dealing with all shapes and sizes of people. The atmosphere is upbeat and classy, the people want to be there, and so do I!

In conjunction with Job #1, this takes me to between 40-55 hours a week. Wow!

In an extended moment of silly euphoria, I have also added salsa dancing twice a week and pilates once a week to my regimen. 3 hours additional formal commitments. And then we need to include the travel time. *gulp*

Then there are the meets with friends, house and garden stuff, and home exercises (~3 hours/week). There's quiet time with God, there's me getting headaches over small business tax, catching up on my bedside books (Terry Pratchett is in vogue again) and how can I forget the almost 150 hours of ongoing professional development that I will be accruing over the next month? Meeting some great and interesting new people, too. You know me; that keeps me as happy as Larry.

Definitely more work than last year. Definitely more fun than last year. Who was scared of graduating again?

0 comments

VirtuaLife | Powered by Blogger | Entries (RSS) | Comments (RSS) | Designed by MB Web Design | XML Coded By Cahayabiru.com